Sunday, September 10, 2006

I apologize for the lag in posts! Life has been hectic with school, and the journal has been keeping me busy. However, I have to admit that I have a lot more time to myself now than I did last year. All of those second and third year students who assured me that this semester would be better than last year were right. I was somewhat skeptical because I could not imagine that law school could be an enjoyable experience, but I was proven wrong. The stress of the Socratic Method and the pressure of peer on peer competition have subsided greatly, and for the most part, everyone has mellowed out this year. I think a large part of it may be that we have picked our own classes and we are studying things that interest us on an individual level.

Speaking of things that interest people on an individual level, I had to take a Myers Briggs test for one of my classes, and this really amazing woman came in to discuss our results and explain how the results should apply to us. Apparently, my personality does not mesh well with being an attorney. I came out being an ENFP (Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiver). The person giving the lecture, handed out a paper about personality types and attorneys, and my personality type was listed as the least compatible with the attorney lifestyle. It seems that since I am not a cold hearted bitch I will have a problem being an attorney because I will have a hard time separating my feelings from my cases. This may be true to some extent; however, I truly feel that the fact that I have the ability to feel for my clients is a positive aspect to being a successful attorney. I think it is important to be able to relate to your client and believe in them. I think that a lot of attorneys lack people skills and that is a really sad thing.

Anyway, my topic for my note and comment is due on Tuesday. I explored a lot of different avenues, and I have focused the possibilities down to two. Now tomorrow I need to spend time really refining it and picking the one that will work out for me the best in the long run, since I would like to try to get it published.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope the lack of updates mean you're just busy busy busy and doing okay.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Hi. I am also a lawschool hopeful. I was accepted to Thomas Cooley, but it is too far from my home in Florida. So..I enrolled in the AAMPLE program at Nova. So far it's very difficult.

How was the AAMPLE program for you at Albany? How are things going with you now?

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Masters Thesis said...

this kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.

2:42 AM  
Blogger smith said...

It's an informative post. This kind of post provides more valuable knowledge to the people.I very much look forward to read this post.

law school

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home